28 March 2008

5 Must Have Books for your Pre-Schooler

This week its all about making a difference to your children's education. There's nothing that prepares a child for school better than being read to right from the start.

So, we're starting off the week with a list of 5 books that I don't mind reading to my kids - even though I've read them a million times before!!

1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
This story lends itself to all sorts of related learning activities and has such fantastic illustrations.


2. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Suess
This is such a great rhyme and is so much fun to read with a pre-schooler.


3. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
This is an absolute classic. We don't read it at bed time in our house as my daughter has to join in the wild rumpus.



4. Hairy Maclary from Donaldsons Dairy by Lynley Dodd
My daughter loves the rhythm of this story. She often wanders around the house repeating phrases she really likes the sound of!


5. Are You My Mother? by P D Eastman
This one has been a favourite of my 2 year old since she was quite small. I can 'read' it to her with my eyes closed . . . and I still think its a good story :)

No comments: