Lets face it, we've all got to eat, but you don't have to spend a fortune on groceries to eat well. Here are a few tips to help you keep your grocery bill from getting out of hand.
1. Grow your own vegetables.
You don't have to have a lot of space to grow vegetables. You can grow most things in pots if you don't have a garden!
2. Make a list and only buy according to your list
Put a list up on your fridge and get into the habit of writing things down as you get low or run out.
3. Plan your weekly meals in advance
This way you know you have everything you need to cook delicious healthy meals every night. It makes it easier to prepare your shopping list and you don't have to think about what to cook at the last minute!
4. Don't shop when you are hungry - you'll buy more.
5. Don't buy pre-prepared items
Make your meals from scratch. Double a recipe when cooking and freeze the extra, or set aside a day to make several meals and freeze them. This way you save money and time!